All women who experience, or have recently experienced, domestic violence and other forms of gender-based violence can access FCWA’s outreach service. FCWA outreach workers support women who are still living at home, as well as those who are moving out of a refuge and those who are already living in the community.
The outreach workers also run drop-in sessions in the local area, for example in children’s or advice centres. FCWA also delivers a specialist over 50’s drop-in session.
Outreach workers may offer support with:
- Emotional support
- Safety planning
- Criminal & civil justice support
- Access to safe housing options
- Referrals to other services
- Building self-confidence and independence
- Resettlement skills, such as shopping and cooking
- Welfare rights
- Help with budgeting, paying bills and debts
- Improving access to employment, education and training