FCWA are looking for Duty Telephone Helpline Worker’s to join a new team and work within a dynamic, fast paced crisis intervention advocacy and support service. Successful applicants will be able to commit to at least one session per week. Monday to Friday (Morning) – 9.30 until 13.15 (Afternoon) – 13.15 until 17.00 for a minimum of 6 months.
We are looking for an organised and efficient volunteer to support the effective running of our services. The ideal volunteer will have a good telephone manner, excellent communication and computer skills, and be able to show empathy to service users. Volunteers will also be required to attend compulsory training.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
• Work closely with Project Workers to understand their role in supporting service users to be safe and start their journey to recovery
• Perform administration tasks (e.g. writing supporting letters, completing referrals)
• Support the duty workers in processing referrals
• Develop skills in case note recording
• Learn how to effectively signpost service users to appropriate services
This position is based in Blackpool
How to apply
To apply please complete the application and monitoring form found on our website and email to email@example.com
Please note that our volunteer opportunities are open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1), and that these volunteer roles are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders’ act 1974 and subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Applicants must be over 18