Independent Domestic Violence Advisors
Our Independent Domestic Violence Advisors are professionals who are independent of the police and other statutory agencies. They provide a free and confidential service to individuals experiencing domestic abuse.
- provide advice and information about the range, effectiveness and suitability of options to improve your safety and that of your children.
- are the key point of contact for you as a survivor of domestic abuse throughout the court process.
- work with the criminal justice agencies, the courts, solicitors and the police to ensure that you stay informed throughout the court case.
- will listen to you and then advocate with you or on your behalf to other agencies.
- offer support to all service users including those in same sex relationships.
Professional referrals can be made to the IDVA service for individuals who:
- have reservations about solicitors
- want advice about solicitors
- want information about injunctions (Non-Molestation Orders) or other civil matters
- want signposting to relevant services
Referrals can be made using this referral form 2017 professionals Adult Referral-Form v03
If you as a professional supporting the victim or you as the victim yourself would like to identify the level of risk you may be in then please complete a DASH risk assessment form.
By answering the questions and completing the DASH Risk Assessment this will act as a guide to identify what risk you are at.
Help and support is available from our IDVA team they are here to asses your risk if, you do not wish to complete the assessment yourself this is only a guide.
Completed forms can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and contact number in the email.