Role: Volunteer Coordinator
Salary: £21,000 pro rata (£8,960)
Hours: 16 hrs per week
Contract: 12 months
Annual leave: 22 days + Bank Holidays pro rata
Responsible to: FCWA Board of Trustees through the Service Manager
We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused volunteer coordinator to be responsible for our volunteers and volunteer opportunities. The volunteer coordinator’s responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organisation’s purpose to the public.
A successful volunteer coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organisation while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and support/supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organisation and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Organising training and leading on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers’ work.
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organisation’s values.
- Ensuring the organisation’s purpose is conveyed to the public.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and team-building skills.
This role is subject to successful references and an enhanced DBS check.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience required to be our Volunteer Coordinator, complete the application online
Or the application form can be downloaded and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to;
Recruitment, FCWA, The Old Police Station, 77 Montague St, Blackpool FY4 1AT
Closing date: Monday 15th August 2022 (9am)
Interviews: date to be arranged
If you would like further information on this role please contact Glenda Smith, Service Manager on 01253752014 or by email on email@example.com